Facts about Apprenticeships and the economy*
- 2.4 million Apprenticeships were started in England during the last Parliament.
- The government invested £1,559,771 in apprenticeships during the 2014/15 academic year.
- Apprenticeship participation now stands at a record level: 871,800 funded apprentices in 2014/15.
- Apprenticeships are available in 1,500 job roles, covering more than 170 industries.
- More than 1300 employers are involved in designing the new Apprenticeships standards.
- Up to 28,000 quality Apprenticeship vacancies are available online at any one time.
*Sources: National Apprenticeships Week 2016 - Toolkit for schools, colleges and training providers